An Update Regarding the Reopening of St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church for Sunday Services
Dear Friends of St. Andrew’s,
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ!
I am pleased to report that St. Andrew’s will reopen for in-person Sunday worship on September 12th, 2021 at 10:30 am.
Even though a safe return to in-church Sunday worship is now possible, this does not mean that we can immediately return to “the way things were”. Familiar practices (congregational and choir singing, Sunday School, Nursery, shaking hands, etc.) have been necessarily suspended until such a time that they are considered safe to resume.
Also, as the Reopening Reference Sheet (please see below) indicates, there are strict protocols in place which must be followed explicitly by everyone if we are to remain open. Although stringent, these protocols are both standard and necessary to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of our worshipping community, which is of the highest importance.
To that end, if you do not feel comfortable returning to in-church Sunday worship at this time, do not come. It is very natural and understandable to feel anxiety, stress, and frustration during these unusual times and if the thought of attending worship in person only adds to those feelings, please stay home and view Sunday Services online as they will continue to be broadcast on Facebook Live every Sunday at 10:30 am.
Friends, there is no doubt that it will take time for us to become accustomed to this new worship format. However, with our faith in God, our hope in Jesus Christ, and the continual guidance of the Holy Spirit, we will “grow into” this new season in the church’s life together!
Finally, I wish to thank the members of the Reopening Task Group (John Edmonds, Nancy MacKenzie, Carol McEwin, Ruth Reath, and Marie McNamara in clerical support) for their hard work and unwavering efforts on behalf of our congregation. Thank-you all so very much!
Grace and peace,
Rev. Mark Wolfe.
ON REOPENING OF CHURCH
Proposed Date to Re Open Safely - Sunday September 12, 2021
we will reopen for Sunday Services with in Person attendance
In order to allow us to be able to open safely please read and adhere to the regulations Below:
· You MUST register weekly, your intent to attend by contacting Carol McEwin (519-273-0472) BEFORE Friday noon so we can ensure we have enough “ volunteer staff” available to meet safety criteria
· The Service will be held in the Sanctuary.
· WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES
· Enter through side Elevator door ONLY – others will be locked
· Read Health Assessment posted outside of door (socially distance)
· If answer to all questions is NO than enter -safely distanced
(those from same household may enter together)
· Greeter will supply hand sanitizer on entry
· Proceed upstairs (or use elevator) and register (for contact tracing) both on entry and when exiting
· Wait for Usher to come and take you to your seat – entry to Sanctuary will be via door which leads to Altar. If unable to negotiate steps at front of church, you will be escorted to Narthex and taken to your seat.
· You must take coats, books etc. with you to the pew
· You will notice that pews are either “marked” or “roped off” to ensure safe
seating within the Sanctuary.
· Any “handout” used during the church service MUST be left in the pew
· We recognize that we are a social congregation but for the safety of all – you MUST NOT move around, call out to friends, shake hands etc.
· The handicapped washroom will be available for emergencies
· Please follow any instructions given by Rev. Mark re psalms, prayers etc.
· At the end of worship – please remain seated and wait for usher to escort you to exit. Do not gather outside for a parking lot discussion – go to your vehicle and go home.
Session realizes these rules appear to be very stringent – however they are based on the guidelines provided by the Ministry of Health Public Health Ontario, Huron-Perth Health, Presbyterian Church in Canada and Ecclesiastical Insurance Company. We must be “SAFE” not “SORRY”