A Warm Welcome Awaits You!
Please tune in every Sunday at 10:30 am for Facebook Live services from St. Andrew's. Online services may be accessed by clicking on the "Find us on Facebook" tab, found in the upper right-hand corner of this page, and then by clicking on the "Like" button on our St. Andrew's Facebook page. Please continue to check our Facebook page for updates.
Thank-you and God bless!
(1) Warm Clothes for Cold Weather
As the cooler weather and snow approach, and many children are in need of warmer clothing, the PCW and the Welcoming Team have taken on a project to collect the items needed.
We have found out there is a need for warm water-resistant mittens, new warm socks and toques, as well as good used snow pants and winter boots. If you have items to donate and need them picked up please contact Audrey Little or Jean Edmonds. They can also be brought to church on Sundays, and placed in the bin by the side entrance.
Another way to help is to donate money to help out with the snack program. Your donation can be put in your envelope marked “School Project” and placed in the collection plate or dropped into the mail slot beside the side entrance to the church. Thanks for very much your support!
(2) Memorial Tree Service
The Memorial Tree Service at St. Andrews will be held on Sunday, November 28th at 10:30 a.m. The Poinsettia Project, which has been a part of this special service, will be included once again. Large poinsettias will be placed at the front of the sanctuary and smaller ones will be delivered to members of our congregation who are no longer able to attend church. We are asking for donations from our members to make this happen. Donors are able to indicate the name(s) of those being remembered at this time and will be acknowledged at the Memorial Tree Service.
Donations, including YOUR NAME and the NAMES OF THOSE REMEMBERED, should be placed in an envelope marked for the Poinsettia Project. These can be dropped off at the side door of the church through the mail slot beside the door. Donations can also be placed on collection plate on Sunday, or sent by E-transfer to the church at: [email protected] Please direct questions to Carol McEwin at (519) 273-0472.
(3) Reverse Advent Calendar
We are inviting households to take part in filling baskets/bags during the Advent season and we will donate food to the St. James Food Bank in January to help them build their supplies back up after the holidays.
We can't do it alone. Please consider inviting family members or friends to safely deliver items to you and/or to help out with your basket. A sincere "Thank You!" to all who are able to assist!
(4) St. James Foodbank- Monthly Collection:
We are presently receiving donations of non-perishable food items to support the work of the St. James Foodbank. Donations of food as well as monetary donations may be dropped off at the church during Sunday worship, or throughout the week during office hours. Thank you for your kind support to help the hungry within our community!
(5) Christmas Cheer with the PCW
The Presbyterian Church Women (PCW) are inviting the St. Andrew's ladies to join the PCW at the Queens Hotel on Tuesday, December 7th, 2021 @ 5:00 pm for their Christmas dinner. The cost is $30 tax and tip is included. Please let Jean Edmonds or Eva Tucker know by December 3 if you plan to attend at [email protected] or [email protected]
For those who have so kindly asked how they can financially support the ongoing work of St. Andrew's, there are four simple options:
(1) E-Transfer: If you bank online, a no-fee E-Transfer may be sent to:
(2) Website: Please click on this link to our Church Website (www.standrewsstratford.ca) and in the upper-right hand corner you will notice a button that says, “Donate”. Click on that button and it will take you to a charitable website called Canada Helps. Fill in the required information, click on the “Complete Donation Now” button, and a charitable tax-receipt will be sent to your email address. Both our website and the Canada Helps website are secure.
(3) PAR (Pre-Authorized Remittance): Please click on this link (www.presbyterian.ca/p…/pre-authorized-remittance-par-program) which will direct you to the National Church's website and an enrolment form which can be completed and mailed to the church (with a voided cheque) at the address below.
(4) Cheque: If you wish to donate by cheque, please mail your offering to:
St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church
25 St. Andrew Street
Charitable tax receipts will be issued for the 2021 year.
Many thanks and may God bless you richly for your generosity of heart and hand!