What We Believe
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Stratford, Ontario is situated on the traditional territory of the Haudenosaunee (Iroquois), Ojibway/Chippewa Anishinabek and Odawa peoples who have longstanding relationships to the region of southwestern Ontario and the City of Stratford. St. Andrew's recognizes the significant historical and contemporary contributions of local and regional First Nations and all of the Original peoples to the development of Canada.
With Strong Roots in the Christian Story, we answer God's call to serve the community, sharing the new life which is ours in Jesus Christ.
As a Christian Congregation, We:
- Use varying styles of worship to glorify God, exalt Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord, and invite the people to be open to the guidance and leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Create community by actively seeking those beyond the church family and intentionally inviting them to be part of the family.
- Offer opportunities to engage in spiritual growth.
- Are mindful of Jesus' teaching to "love one another, as I have loved you".
- Exhibit a "living faith" to all people, seeking new ways to serve those in need.
- Are passionate about sharing our faith.
- Are good stewards of God's gifts.